Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jack and Dale

I have two pastoral colleagues, Jack and Dale. Both are good friends. Both are older gentlemen. And I was realizing the other day, they are quite different, in at least one area:  technology.

Jack was the moderator of the session of the church I was called to a year ago. He and his wife, Mary Ellen, were there at my first in-person interview. They've had me and my husband over for dinner, and we shared Easter dinner together at my house. They came to the church BBQ we had at the manse to celebrate my husband's and my first anniversary. Jack used a resource with his church that I had mentioned, Unbinding the Gospel. They want to come to a small group our church is having on Sunday evening about making wise choices with your money. They were both part of my installation service. Jack doesn't know a lot about technology. It's not his thing.

Dale, on the other hand, knows a lot about technology. His church has a blog, and he's putting a series of entries on it about 100 Ways to Pray. He's video-taping his services and putting them online. He was on Facebook and Twitter before I was. I learn something from him every time I talk to him.

I was thinking about how different these two men are, and how much I appreciate both of them. I'm so glad that God has put so many different kinds of people into my life, and I thank God for the blessings they've been.

Who are the different people God has put into your life? How have they blessed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment