Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Notecard Prayers

My friend Sarah writes quotes on notecards and then reads them over during her morning devotion time. What a brilliant idea! (My friend Sarah is quite brilliant!)

I'm always writing quotes on little post-it notes and sticking them on my desk. After a while, I get tired of the mess and try to figure out where to put them. Sometimes I put them in my journal program under a file marked "quotes." I used to put them in a Word document under a file named "quotes." I don't look at either of them.

But if I write them on notecards and go through them during my devotional time, I'll continually be reminded of quotes and prayers and ideas that I want to remember. They will have a place on my desk. And they will start to have a place in my spirit.

My friend Mark just put this quote on his Facebook page: "Obedience is the shape of God's presence." It's a quote by Walter Brueggemann. I'd like to chew on that quote for a while, too. Now it will have a place.

What are some of your favorite quotes or prayers that you would put on notecards?

No comments:

Post a Comment